Saturday, October 18, 2008

What do ya think of this?

What do you think of this wanna be millinery flower I made today? I know it's not something that hasn't been done before, but I had all of these supplies out today and have been wanting to make some kind of flower. It was also an excuse you use this sheer dotted swiss that I've been dieing to play with and also just happens to be listed in my shop ;). But honestly, it really is such a pretty off-white dotted swiss with such yummy flocked dots!
Also made some of these too!
I stopped at a tag sale today that had tons and tons of sewing stuff. I was in a rush and didn't have as much time as I would have liked to sift through it all. She had this neat old plush trim in white and pink. I thought it was blanket trim but the packaging says it's for "girdles, corsets and brassieres"....ooh la, la!

Hope you are all having a nice weekend...so far!

12 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

I love your flowers Jennifer! The dotted swiss is just gorgeous...love it too ~ don't you love it when you find wonderful treasures and love them just for what they can be used for now, maybe not what they were used for in the past...hope you're having a great weekend, xxoo, Dawn

Lola Enchanted said...

Very pretty!!! that's what I think!

Cindy said...

Jenn, the flowers are just so elegant and beautiful!

c

Anonymous said...

I think it's absolutely lovely! So dainty and romantic.

Sherri said...

love the dotted swiss added to the paper flowers. Very cool.

Lolly said...

Lovely! You are so creative!
~Lolly

Meg said...

Love the flowers! So soft and white! It's all very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer-

I LOVE your flower you made with the dotted swiss - so pretty! I received the little journals today that I ordered from your shop and they are just so pretty...love your shop and blog! Hope you are well recovered from the sinus infection-
Cheers,
Laura
xxx

cherry said...

Gorgeous! I have some of that dotted swiss in black and a lovely blue. It is fun to play with. cherry

Bristol said...

The dotted fabric is so cute and I like how the flower turned out. The little books are so sweet~
Bristol

Lori said...

hi Jennifer:) your flowers are gorgeous!!! your blog is really sweet, i love your creations!!! and your three boys are adorable!!!

Lorrie said...

Dreamy flowers - dotted swiss is just perfect. So pretty and feminine.

Lorrie