Monday, December 10, 2007

Finally!

Well, I finally got my tree up! After the big debate between real or artificial this year, we had to go for the real tree! I'm glad! Saturday we went and cut down our tree and the kids had a ball! They got to see Santa, had some hot chocolate and popcorn. I took some pictures of the "forest" but for some reason can't get it to post...maybe later. In the meantime I thought I would post some pics of some of my favorite ornaments, mostly vintage, that I've collected over the years.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I stuck this big mercury glass ball in an old urn with some greens from my tree.



This little guy isn't old but it reminds me so much of the ornaments my mother had when we were little.
The Christmas after I lost my mother, I made up these ornaments for my brothers and me. There is a little poem on the back.

My favorite book this year along with this heart that I just love!
I don't know how any of you that signed up for Teresa McFayden's 12 Days of Comfort and Joy are coming along, but I am having a hard time keeping up! I can't stop thinking about all of the wonderful projects and am hoping that I can get a few days this week to just sit, listen to some Christmas music and get to work. I did make up this little vignette though.

Well, I have to get back to shopping, decorating, etc! I'm looking so forward to Karla's Party on Wednesday! I have to start taking some pictures for it because I am supposed to be getting a new floor installed in my kitchen and mudroom this week. Of course I don't have an exact day when they are coming. They just told me they would start at the beginning of the week...hmmmm...we'll see. I told them I wanted it done for Christmas as I am having Christmas Eve at my house this year. So I guess I should take my pictures now since everything will be torn apart if they do come when they said they will.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Your 12 Days of comfort & Joy vinette turned out beautifully.