Monday, December 3, 2007

Real tree...fake tree...

This was Saturday...This was Sunday...
We woke up to snow yesterday...yae. Not enough for snowmen but enough to get us all in the Christmas mood! And yes, I have a holly bush! How great is that at Christmas!


Anyway, I haven't even started to decorate yet. Hopefully will get a jump on it today. Our family is having a debate this year...real tree or artificial tree. Since I've been married we've always had a real tree. We even go to a tree farm and cut it down ourselves which you can imagine, my boys love. It really is such a wonderful thing to do and has become a tradition for us. I love the "idea" of the real tree but I hate to decorate it because the branches are never strong enough for some of my heavier ornaments and each morning when I wake up, my ornaments aren't where they were the night before because the tree is always settleing. We went out on Saturday to look at some artificial pre-lit (another plus, I think) trees and they did look pretty good. But, we left without one because the kids didn't like the idea. I didn't even think they would care and it was actually nice to see that they do. I did tell them that we could still cut down a little one for the den that would be their tree. So we decided to think about it for a few more days.

What I would really appreciate is any opinions that anyone may have. I keep listing the pros and cons but can't decide. So I would like to take a vote...Real or fake and why?

1 comment:

TinaTx said...

Sounds like the perfect soultion to me. However - some of the fake trees can be a litte 'iffy' with the heavier ornaments too, just be forewarned! I do the pre-lit fake thing myself. If I have something that is a little on the heavy side, I just make sure there is a branch below for a little support.