Sunday, February 10, 2008

A perfect pair...

My husband is a photographer and last night he had a wedding to do. I knew he would be home late so I thought hmmmm...a day of playing and creating. He works alot so when he is home I try not to whip out my supplies too much. I didn't have any idea of what I wanted to make at first but ended up making this nut cup...
After I complete something I put it up and out of the way because the kids come by to check out what I am doing and sometimes start picking at things. I proceeded to make some other things. It was about 11 pm and I was starting to clean up and found this pretty piece of wallpaper already mounted and started to fool around with it. Ended up being this...

Finally, this time I really finished cleaning up close to midnight and went to put the tag away and realized that the two made a perfect pair!
Very "Oh Naturale" wouldn't you say! I love the overall look! Reminds me of an outdoor wedding. I was trying to think if I had anyones anniversary coming up but don't so I decided to put it in my store for now...but may have to pull it out if I need a little last minute gift for someone! ;)
Also made some of these wallpaper spools with a yard of velvet ribbon wrapped around them. Almost too pretty to use! You can find them in my store.
I may not be blogging for a few days because tomorrow (I am so excited!) I am finally getting my new, much needed, slate floor installed in my kitchen and mudroom. They say two days, I say I don't think so, but we'll see.

7 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Those are all so pretty! Oh, to be able to just whip something out like that. I have a hard enough time whipping something out of my head, but to get my hands to interpret those thoughts is pert near impossible.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I love the pretty goodies you created! the vintage wallpaper on the ends of the spools of velvet ribbon are lovely!
Michelle

Cindy said...

Those little spools with velvet ribbon are adorable! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Isn't it so true...when the cat's away the mice will play! Fun things you made!!!!

Lisa Johnson said...

Love your little creations. I am a pastel lover, but lately have really been loving the natural earthy creams and beiges. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I love your blog name, btw.

Lisa

Unknown said...

Isn't it fabulous when things come together like that!
Love the pretty spools too.

Rosie in the UK

rueann said...

Very creative poost