Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Green"

This week Sara's challenge is "green". Who doesn't love green!!???

Oh my god...I think you can actually see the dust on these two tables...




One of my favorite postcards...Memories...so important!


This old sign actually says "fleamarket"


A few years ago I was antiquing with my aunt and found this little old block. I was so excited because I thought it said Mom. I showed it to my aunt and she pointed out to me that it was an upper and lower case "M". But we both agreed "who cares, it looks like mom to me!"


yeah, yeah...I snuck in a wedding photo... but it is in green frame!

My little guy had his cast taken off yesterday and his pins removed. I have a new found respect for people with casts. I took the boys to a fair on Saturday and didn't know that you can't go on the rides with a cast on. Poor kid! But I have to say that he never complained about it once...not once. My husband and I were so impressed. He has to go for therapy two times a week for the next few weeks but I'm just happy it's off since it's been 95 degrees here! But just FYI...If your kid ever gets a cast removed...hold your nose!

I'm not staying on today...My youngest son's last day of pre-k is today (he graduates on Friday) so those 2 1/2 hours are basically my last moments of freedom until September. I'm getting a much needed pedicure!

Have a nice day!

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Awwwwww, love all the green. And hey, I thought it said Mom too. So, go with it. Glad he got his cast off and is doing well. I guess they don't want to take a chance on being sued over a re-injury or something. And you two are soooooo cute. Lovely wedd pic.

c

Sandy said...

SIGH! I love green! It is my favorite color. I am so glad to hear that your little guy is getting better. He has been such a little trooper through this whole ordeal. I wish him a speedy complete recovery!

You are just stunning, seriously, your wedding photo is beautiful, cute couple.

Sarah said...

Love your green pics. So soothing. I thought the block said Mom as well. Oh well! Since that's the first thing your brain thought it said then thats what is says!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Teacher Kelly said...

my son has a cast on too! He fell of the play structure on his third day of school! He is only 2, so I was more upset than he was! Thanks for the heads up about the stink factor when getting the cast off! He has a whole leg cast now, but he'll be going to a lower leg cast next week. I imagined it must smell pretty bad, since the kid can get soooo dirty! Glad your son is doing better! Good luck with the physical therapy!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

A pedicure sounds sooo good. Enjoy! Lovely green pictures. This is one of my favorite colors as it has so many variations! It is also so relaxing. Glad your son is doing better.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos love chippy!

Linda said...

Love all of the shades of green photos. Glad to hear that your son is doing well and got his cast off.
Cheers Linda

Jennifer said...

i love your green findings and the block definitely looks like "mom" good call.

jenny

Magnolia Street Style said...

I know I'm a week late, but I just love your green photo shoot. And of course that block says Mom. I do feel for you with your son in a cast. My son had a cast on his leg when he was 8. He broke 3 bones in his foot and it wasn't a walking cast, he also had crutches in the middle of January. Guess who had to carry him around in the snow??? But these are memories that your son will always have. In spite of it all I hope that they are good ones. My son is 23 and I still have his cast. It's for him to show his children some day.

I hope the rest of your summer is "uneventful".

Connie

The Feathered Nest said...

Such beautiful photos Jennifer!! I know what you mean about the cast ~ having five sons and only having one cast was quite a miracle! But I was so very glad when it was gone! Thanks so much for your kind words about my artwork ~ you're a sweetie, and wishing you a wonderful summer with your babies! xxoo, Dawn

Lorrie said...

Such pretty photos. The Mom block is a real treasure. Glad to hear your little guy is getting better.

Lorrie

McMaster & Storm said...

Cute, cute----
K&D

Christa from Chloe Rose said...

You have a very lovely blog.... your journals are so sweet! I'm trying to visit all of the CSSTeam members blogs to see all of the pretties.

Smiles -

Christa
Chloe Rose
http://chloerosedesigns.blogspot.com