Friday, May 23, 2008

i'm still alive!

I just planted these forget-me-nots in memory and my grandfather and mother but first...I have to say thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to all of you that have left comments and emails for me about my Grandpa and son! Such sweet comments from you all!

My grandpas funeral was last weekend. It was a beautiful day and have to say it was sad but also a celebration of his long life. It was nice seeing some family and friends that we haven't seen in a long time.


My son's pinkie surgery went well. You wouldn't believe it is just a pinkie injury from looking at the way his hand is completely wrapped up from fingers to wrist. Yesterday morning I was walking by his bedroom door as he was waking up. He was stretching both of his arms out when I looked in and saw...NO CAST!!! It came off during the night. I didn't want him to look at it and I for sure wasn't too crazy about seeing that little pinkie looking that way. There are pins sticking out of both sides and stitches form top to bottom...very frankensteinish! I wrapped it up the best I could and took him to the Dr. They said that because the swelling went down the cast loosened. The poor little guy can't even go out for recess or on his field trip next week. He also had to quit baseball. He's been a great sport and hasn't complained once. The little boy that gave him "the five" tried giving him "a bunch of money". I said to Michael that I hoped he hadn't excepted it and he said he didn't but, "it was A LOT of money". I asked "how much?". "A lot of dimes and pennies!"

Now on to more fun things. Has anyone gotten theirs yet? WOWZA....It is as wonderful as I had hoped (and thought) it would be!!! Every page is just full of pretties and fab ideas!!!! I haven't been very creative these days but looking at this book last night has me very antsy right now. Thanks ladies!!!!!!





I also wanted to mention a seller on Etsy that I cannot get enough of lately. One ripe peach! She makes these little journals that have me checking her listings everyday for more.
Just look at the yummy flower on this one...
She also has great supplies. Right now I have a stash that I've been saving and can't wait to get my hands on. I haven't had much time to work on some projects lately but hopefully will soon. But that is what I just love about Etsy. Fabulous artists selling fabulous supplies and inspiration to other artists. It so much fun isn't it!!???
Lastly, I thought I was putting these fish in a spot where the cats would never find them...on top of the fridge. Guess not...just caught her in the act a little while ago. Uh-oh!!!!!

12 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

I've missed you~have a restful weekend and know you're thought of.

Sandy said...

I am so glad your son is doing well and what great little guy to do it without complaining! The art journals look wonderful and I will have to check "IT" out! Take Care!

Cindy said...

That's one furry little face that sez "guilty!". LOL. I love catching mine being naughty! Hey, thanks for my stickers, I got em and LOVE em. So cute. Sorry to hear about your fender bender...keep an eye on your neck, wacked from behind like that is never good. Yours is the 2nd blog that has listed "One Ripe Peach"...she's a cutie for sure.

c

Anonymous said...

glad to see your getting your "blog wings" back...but oh boy, what a week....i don't think soap operas have this many plots going on at once, so here's one more extra "hug"!!

meleen

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Sorry about your loss. Beautiful art journals.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Sorry about your loss. Beautiful art journals.

Emily said...

Wow! I feel for you! Sounds like your life has been totally insane lately. Hope things calm down soon. What a cute story about the boys and the money. Awww…

Secondhandrose said...

I'm sorry for the stress you are having right now. The journals are really special. Come for a visit and sign up for my giveaway.
Karen

Cape Cod Washashore said...

So happy to hear your little guy is doing much better! That is so sweet that his little friend offered him lots of dimes and pennies... leave it to kids! =)

Those journals are lovely! I've never seen her shop before - guess I'll have to have a peek!

Hope the rest of your week is a happy one!

Jennifer said...

i'm glad that everything is falling back into place for you now. one ripe peach does have some cute stuff! enjoy your weekend!

jenny

Linda said...

I loved seeing the cat. We have a Manx now with a similar expression. The cats we had before were both seal point Siamese. They are great cats.
www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown

Anonymous said...

Jennifer...how special it was for me to see a posting about my journals...that was sooo awesome of you! Hope you have a super dee duper week! XOXO