Saturday, May 3, 2008

Vintage Stickers

I have always loved sending a letter, card or gift with a pretty sticker on it but I am very particular about the sticker. Sounds silly but I just am. I buy tons of pretty stickers and most of the time won't even use them because I just think they are too nice. Did you grow up in the 70's or early 80's? Do you remember collecting stickers and making albums out of them? I sure did and you know I still have them. Whenever my cousin and I would see each other we would bring our albums and trade. It was serious business...you would think we were on Wall street!
For a while now when I would look at some of my wallpaper or a pretty piece of ledger paper I would wish it could be a sticker. It didn't occur to me until recently to just make them myself. So I did! I've only started out with a few small packs because it is a bit time consuming but I have to admit that I am loving them and already using some. So for now I've listed some in my shop.


Did I mention that my boys are also having a ball with this? So now my dining room table looks like an elementary school art room. Wish I had thought of this sooner!
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far. We are going to see Ironman tonight...oooohhhh!!!!!

5 comments:

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

OH my gosh! I LOVED sticker books and remember the "serious business" of trading my prized stickers!! lol

Wonderful Idea, hope they sell well for you. just so cute.

xoxo

Nancy Hood said...

I love them!!

Cindy said...

Are they all gone? : (

c

Sarah said...

What a FANTASTIC idea! These will be a hit!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/

Emily said...

This is a great idea!